1. What is available to download on subscription?
Daily reports (T+2), including :
- Trade data in Gold and Silver for all four asset classes (Spot, Swaps/ Forwards, Options and Lease Loan Deposits) broken-down by date increments.
- All open trades in Gold and Silver for all four asset classes (Spot, Swaps/ Forwards, Options and Lease Loan Deposits) broken-down by date increments.
- Trade data for the previous week in Gold, Silver, Platinum and Palladium for all four asset classes (Spot, Swaps/ Forwards, Options and Lease Loan Deposits) broken-down by date increments.
2. When is the data available?
Daily data is available to licence from 10th April 2019 subject to successful subscription.
Weekly downloadable data is also included in the licence and will be distributed every Tuesday after 10th April 2019.
3. What does the data cover?
LBMA-i daily data covers reports based on data traded on T+2 basis and weekly data for the previous week.
Daily data covers Gold and Silver and weekly data covers Gold, Silver, Platinum and Palladium.
All data is broken-down by asset class such as spot, swap/forward, options and lease loan deposits).
Individual reports available are listed below:
- Daily traded gold volumes by tenor and asset type
- Daily open gold report by tenor and asset type
- Daily traded silver volumes by tenor and asset type
- Daily open silver report by tenor and asset type
- Weekly traded platinum volumes by tenor and asset type
- Weekly traded palladium volumes by tenor and asset type
To be launched in Q2 2019
- Gold traded volume displayed in price tranches and tenor
- Silver traded volume displayed in price tranches and tenor
- Gold options traded volume displayed in strike price and tenor
- Silver options traded volume displayed in strike price and tenor
- Gold open options traded volume displayed in strike price and tenor
- Silver open options traded volume displayed in strike price and tenor
The daily volume reports display the total amount of metal traded in troy ounces.
The reporting period captures all trades that were sent to LBMA-I two days prior, i.e. for Wednesday’s publication you are viewing trades transacted on Monday.
Trades contain four sub sections or sub-asset classes.
- Spot, which includes all trades from T0 to T+2, for example all overnight trades and all tom next trades are included in this bucket;
- Forwards and Swaps where both legs of the forward are reported but only one leg of a cash settled swap is reported.
- Options trades. These are standard vanilla European, American and Asian style puts and calls but do not contain exotic and contingent pay-offs.
- Loan, Lease, Deposits. This can be any trade where the metal has been traded as a fixed income product.
VIPT (Volume in Price Tranche)
The report groups volumes into a “heat map” of price ranges.
The central pivot or mid-price of the table is the PM LBMA Auction price.
Deferral arrangements govern that trades must meet certain criteria before becoming published.
An amount exceeding the deferral amount published in the governance document will not be published until the date allowed (either one or two weeks later).
Each cell must contain a total amount of trades from three or more reporting entities, the trade must be above the minimum amount and that each reporting entities’ portion must exceed 10% of the total amount in the cell.
For example, a cell that contains the amount of 100,000 must have portions that exceed 10,000 for two of the entities.
There are two reports published.
The first will contain daily options trades and the second contains the total amount of options that have not yet matured or expired.
he same deferral criteria as above also applies to this data set.
London or Zurich leg of location swaps and the London or Zurich leg of an EFP as well as outright London and Zurich loco trades are included.
London and Zurich locations are determined by trades that are cleared through one of the clearers in either centre and may also include the commercial vaults of carriers.
Trades that form part of location swaps that include London or Zurich are also reported.
Note it is not mandatory for members to send trades from other locations where the trades are not related to London or Zurich.
4. Can I access historical data?
Yes, historical data is available to subscribers. Please contact LBMA-i team with your requirements.
5. What additional data will be available soon and will it be included in my licence?
New datasets will be introduced in phases during Q2 2019. These sets will be accessible by any subscribed user at no additional charge.
- Vanilla Options Volume: Total and open (trades yet to mature) options volume traded by strike range and grouped by time bucket.
- Volume in Price Tranches (VIPT): This dataset will comprise price information on spot trades grouped into tranches.
The VIPT will display reported trading volumes broken down into price ranges that pivot from the LBMA pm auction price of that day.
- Daily data for platinum and palladium trading data, covering spot trading, forwards, swaps, options and loan lease deposits.
6. What metals are included?
Data on all four metals (gold, silver, platinum and palladium) is available in different types of reports.
7. What data is available for free/doesn’t require a subscription?
Users will be able to see weekly aggregate trading volumes by metal (all four metals) on a free-to view basis.
Please visit http://www.lbma-i.com to view this data. Note that this does not allow the viewer to distribute any of the data.
If you wish to use the data in any other way, please contact the LBMA-i team.
8. What is a Reporting Entity Hub?
LBMA-i reporting entities are both LBMA members and their non-member associates that submit trade reporting data into the LBMA-i. The hub provides a documents database. Access to this hub is restricted to reporting entities only.
9. Who is a Subscribed User for LBMA-i, what data do you get access to and how?
Any professional user can get access to LBMA-i market data via a subscription. Currently we offer Single entity licence that gives you the access to all available data. To subscribe please fill in the subscription form on the main page. Upon successful subscription you can download market data file into your system of choice.